Family Day Care - Day Care (infants to 4 year olds) Schedule
Schedule will be as follows: (this is only an example and can/will be amended as deemed necessary)
- 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Settling in / Sensory Activity Children are dropped off at facility and settle in. Various children come in throughout this time period. At this time music will be playing or visual stimulation will be used.
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Breakfast If child has already had breakfast at home, then the child will be offered a snack.
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. - Free Time Children will participate in initiated activities from various areas with assistance if needed.
- 9:15 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. - Lesson Time Children sit in a circle or on mat and go over colors, numbers, shapes, letters, spelling of their name, etc. each day.
- 9:45 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. - Music & Movement Children gain practice in large motor skills through movement activities to a variety of music with various musical tools (such as: ribbons, scarves, feathers, pom-poms, musical instruments - electronic and wood).
- 10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Snack
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Art Children engage in art activities with different forms of artistic expression (such as: crayons, markers, colored pencils, chalk, clay, paint - with brushes and with fingers).
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon - Physical Recreational Activity (outdoors - weather permitting). Children will focus on large muscle and social skills. Also the concept of taking turns will be practiced.
- 12:00 noon - 12:15 p.m. - Preparation Time Children will set up beds for nap time, washing hands & assist in setting up for lunch.
- 12:15 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. - Meal Time - Lunch Lunch will be served "family style". Children practice good table manners, and passing, serving and naming food. Children that are speaking will also learn what is considered appropriate and inappropriate table discussion.
- 12:45 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. - Clean Up/Quiet Reading Children will brush their teeth and wash up. Afterwards they may choose a book to look at quietly before nap-time.
- 1:15 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Story Time Children may choose story to be read out loud.
Second Half of the Day
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Chapter Story A chapter from a book is read every day. Children may listen as they fall asleep.
- 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Nap or Free Quiet Play Time Children not requiring rest time will participate in a quite activity that is visually stimulating.
- 3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Snack and/or Free Time Children (that are not still napping) will participate in initiated activities from various areas with assistance if needed.
- 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Circle Time Children sing songs, participate in a learning activity, group games and practice counting and/or language activities (flash cards).
- 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Physical Recreational Activity (outdoors - weather permitting). Children will focus on large muscle and social skills. Also the concept of taking turns will be practiced.
- 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Quiet Activities/Departure Children participate in quiet play (possibly an educational video or review of lesson) until parents pick up children from the facility.